After a short intermission…

It has been a bit since I posted anything.  That’s not to say that nothing has been happening with the trellises…  just that I haven’t taken the time to sit down and write.  No, I haven’t taken the time.  And, I’ll admit that I’ve gotten sidetracked with adding music to my iTunes library, watching the health care town hall meetings, reading (finished “Girl in Hyacinth Blue” by Susan Vreeland, a collection of short stories about a fictional Vermeer painting; and “Skeleton Man” by Tony Hillerman, one of his novels about Lt. Joe Leaphorn and Sgt. Jim Chee), and contributing to my Facebook page.

When I switched from a Dell to a MacBook Pro, much of the music I had on the Dell wouldn’t transfer (I’m not running Windows on my MacBook and I haven’t taken the time to find programs that would do the transfer easily).  Plus, the Dell was dying and getting it to boot up was always a gamble.  So, I’ve just been adding music as I’ve been doing other things.  For instance, this morning I’ve been working on getting some new photos ready to upload and I added several albums, mostly John Adams and Phillip Glass, and one Ravi Shankar.  A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that adding music from my old LPs was a snap on the Mac, using GarageBand and ITunes.  Well, not entirely a snap.  It took several attempts to work through the process, but so far I’ve been able to add some music that I can’t find on iTunes or Amazon, including a band called Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys from about 1968, the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, Libby Titus, and Marc Jordan.

Well, since my last post, I’ve moved the trellises twice.  It takes about an hour to unplug everything (two are lighted; I’m going to add lights to the third one this coming weekend when I make the third move), find the new coordinates, install the supports, clip the bindings, move the trellises, re-attach them to the supports and plug things back in.  Removing the sod beneath the trellises for the flowers/bushes that will go in takes another hour or so.  All in all, it’s not a bad Sunday morning exercise.

Here are photos of the locations that resulted from moves 2 and 3 and a couple of close-ups of individual canvases.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s