I began working on my new organic sculpture this week and plan to unveil it on July 4. Our neighborhood is just a few blocks from the city park and we usually have hundreds of people parked on the streets here, so it’s a perfect venue for exhibiting my yard art.
The process this year started with the deconstruction of a couple of last year’s “Trellises.” Here’s how one looked at the end of the season.
Here’s part of the deconstruction
and deconstruction of the canvasses that were part of the sculpture.
Since last year’s project started with the idea recycling of yard waste, I decided that this year’s piece should continue the recycling by using last year’s art in a new form.
After deconstruction, I started assembling the parts of the new project.
and purchased a new tool that really speeded up the construction process: an air compressor and air gun. It works like a charm and I’m thinking about other ways to use it.
Here are a couple of shots of the new components of the project…
And here are a couple of shots of the completed structure.
The next step is to reconstruct the canvasses and add them to the structure. That is today’s task. More later.