I promised to show some photos of my progress in getting the canvases painted. Here are a few shots of the process.
I first prepared the canvases by covering them with gesso and then began painting. I’m using my dogs’ room since it has a nice linoleum floor that cleans up well and they don’t seem to mind having their space intruded upon.
After I completed one of the canvases, I tried sewing the end together on the machine, but as I indicated in an earlier post, I ran into a problem with the thickness of the material. So, I’m stitching them by hand at this point. After the sewing is completed, I add grommets at the corners to attach the canvas to the trellis.